We are about to start our journey again.
Did you ever have that feeling what you are looking for is somewhere around?
So close. Yet you can't locate it.
This is how I feel right now. Hence, I am writing this blog for you to share what I am thinking.
More importantly, I need your help to brainstorm with me.
I know one thing for sure. We as Muslims do need a digital space where we can come together.
However, it is going to be tough to convince people about this. They will be looking at social media giants and comparing us. It is ok.
Still, we will need to start somewhere. It might as well be right here.
We will need to things.
- We will need to identify the group of Muslims we are going after.
- We will need to craft our message and how we deliver this.
First, let's discuss the group of Muslims we can reach out to.
- Educational organizations (Quran academies, universities) where there are many Muslims learning about Islam actively.
- Dawah organizations where New Muslims come together. Ummaland can be an online place where they can get help after they take their shahadah.
- Practicing Muslims who would like to avoid other social networks due to privacy and the type of content on them.
Here is my 1st question to you:
What other groups would you suggest we start targeting for Ummaland?
Second, here are some ideas we brainstormed for marketing.
Please, read and let me know what you think.
More importantly, leave your comments if you think of new ideas.
Here are some taglines:
Ummaland is ...
- a social network for Muslims where you can be yourself because everybody else is taken
- a social network for here and hereafter
- a social network for Muslims who don't make it to the news headlines
- a social network for ordinary Muslims doing extraordinary things
- a social network for Muslims where we focus is on the long run, not the short one
- a social network where you find good old Muslims :)
- a social network where we share the untold stories of 99.99% of Muslims
- a social network where selfies suck
- a social network for Muslims where actions speak louder than words
- a social network for Muslims where labels don't matter as actions do
- a social network for Muslims where we care more about what you do than how long your beard is
- a social network for Muslims where your biggest jihad is your ego / nafs
- a social network for Muslims where you don't have to apologize for what terrorists do
- a social network for Muslims where you don't have to know what your friend had for lunch
- a social network for Muslims where we embrace hijab as modesty instead of oppression
- a social network for Muslims where failure is not a person but an event
- a social network for Muslims where you feel at home
- a social network for Muslims where we care not only what is on your head but inside as well :)
- a social network for Muslims where we win by helping others win
This is it for now. What do you think?
Please, comment to share your idea.
Thank you in advance.